Saturday 5 November 2011

Vocabulary calendar 5!

1.He teemed with happiness when he saw me.
2.Our English techer is very affectionate with/ to us.  :-)
3.In vain, I was trying to turn on the lights, as there had been a blackout!
4.He tore the envelope open, as he wanted to read the letter so much!
5.The problem preys in her mind all the time!
6.Jack took the perks by studying, as he entered the university, first of all. ----> see this:

perk 2 |pərk|noun (usu. perksinformalmoney, goods, or other benefit to which one is entitled as an employee or as a shareholder of a company: many agencies are helping to keep personnel at their jobs by providing perks.• an advantage or benefit following from a job or situation:they were busy discovering the perks of town life.


7.It is vital to be honest with your companion.
8. The company should pay all the expenditure.It will sink or swim!
9.The apparatus of the gym was great and new.
10.I ponder over if I should talk to him.He lied to me!
11.Her advice was always at my disposal.
12.Vera has never faced financial hardship before, so her family is going to help her.
13.When I see people for the first time, I am able to form an unmistakable opinion about them.
14.I finally took refuge in a cave, during the storm.
15.I have searched every nook and cranny of the house to find my glasses.
16.He surfed at the crest of the wave.
17.He blamed me for stealing his wallet.
18.Yor performance left everyone speechless!
19.He invariably wants be nosy. It is so irritable!
20.I am at the end of my tether! I have had my house confiscated, as I didn't pay the taxes.

1 comment:

  1. Corrections ready even if that means correcting ONLY 20 sentences! :-)

    ReplyDelete