Sunday 1 February 2015

ECPE Speaking Stage 1


1) Could you tell me what your neighbourhood is like? 
 Well, to begin with I live two minutes from here. My neighbourhood is not actually picturesque, because there is lots of concrete and asphalt, so it's constantly busy and noisy. Another thing about it, is the fact that I don't have to commute, as it's a fifteen-minute walk to my school or downtown. Moreover, I am provided with many facilities such as supermarkets, chemist's and many places where I can spend my free time. Lastly, I think that it is not as safe as it should be, because sometimes I dread walking lone at night.


2) I wonder if you could tell me if you have a large family. 
  In my family there are four of us. My mum (Nektaria) and my father (Nick) who are employees, my brother (Konstantinos) who plays football professionally and studies physiotherapy and lastly me who am a 15-year old at High School. I have to admit that we get on really well with each other.


3) Perhaps you could let me know what your school is like.
  I would say that my school is underprivileged. It doesn't offer us a wide variety of facilities such as a gym or well-equipped laboratories, although there is definitely enough space. Apart from that, the atmosphere is friendly and the teachers are all experts.


4) Could I ask you how much free time you have? 
  Nowadays, I have almost no spare time, as I am focused on my studies since I have many tests. But, I make a great effort to find some in order to switch off and be set free by the burdens of adolescence.


5) And finally, what do you like doing in your spare time?
  First and foremost I am fond of reading books and especially English ones, because not only do I practise my English, but I also get away from real life. Then, I like listening to music. I prefer dance and electro because the rhythm is energetic and full of life. I am also keen on playing volleyball. I practise twice a week. Last but not least, I am crazy about spending time with my nearest and dearest, since we spend quality time together, as we have inside-jokes which make us burst into tears from laughing. 

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely on the road to Proficiency! Well done Marinaki!!!

    ReplyDelete