Monday 31 August 2015

Speaking Questions- Stage 1

1) What is your neighborhood like?
First of all, I live two minutes from my English school. My neighborhood is not picturesque or attractive because there is not enough greenery and I cannot say that is isolated from the city's life because it is close to a busy avenue. On the other hand, I live in a convenient place because my school and the city centre are a fifteen-minute walk from here. Furthermore, close to my neighborhood there are supermarkets, grocery stores, cafes and generally stores that my family needs and places to chill out.

2) Do you have a large family?
In my family there are the three of us. My mother (Kalliopi) who is a teacher at a primary school,my father (George) who is a German teacher and me a 14-year-old girl who goes to Junior-High School. I also have a female dog (Candy). We have our arguments like every family does, but generally we get on well with each other.

3) What's your school like?
In my opinion, I think my school has a lack of facilities even though there is enough space. For example, we do not have science labs so we must do our experiments in the classroom and our gym and classrooms are not fully-equipped. However, the teachers are really nice and even though the building circumstances are unbearable we have a great time during the lesson.

4) How much free time do you have?
Nowadays I am focusing mostly on studing English. But, I always find some time to chill out or hang out with friends or go to my village.

5) What do you like doing in your spare time?
To begin with, I am keen on dancing and music. I practice dancing four times a week and I like listening to pop music and singing karaoke. I also play the guitar. One thing that I am really crazy about is reading books. I prefer English books because not only do I get away from the boring reality, but I also learn new vocabulary. Also, it is different to read a book in the languuage it had been written because the translation changes the book a little bit.

6) What is your school like? Are you happy with the education you get at your school? Do you look forward to going back to school when your holidays come to an end?
Well, I think my school, even though it has enough space, is provided with a few facilities. We do not have laboratories at all and a not fully-equipped computer room, gym and classrooms. As for the education I get at my school, I am very satisfied. There are expert teachers with valuable knowledge and a perfect character. The building may be in an awful condition, but the education is really good. Finally, I am looking forward to going back to school after the holidays because not only is it essential to improve our knowledge, but we also meet our friends again.

7) How long have you been studying English? Has it been enjoyable learning English? How useful will it be in the future?
First of all, I have been studying English for about 6 years. It is enjoyable learning this language, but a little bit difficult, too. English, and generally learning a new language, helps us to broaden our horizons and gain valuable information. Since English is a global language, it would be extremely useful for me in the future. It will help me to communicate with people in other countries if I travel and live abroad.

8) Do you have any ambitions? What would you like to be doing in ten years time? How easy or hard will it be to achieve these ambitions?
Firstly, I hope I succesfully graduate from High School and go to the University. In the future I'd really like to become a teacher, maybe a philologist. I think that being a teacher is exciting because you provide students with valuable knowledge. I think that I've got what it takes because I am good at theoretical lessons and remembering dates and history events. In ten years time, I hope that I will have finished my studies. Moreover, I would like to travel, find a job and create a family. Maybe it will be hard to achieve all these, but I will look on the bright side.

No comments:

Post a Comment