Verbs + -ing form
- He can't help eating chocolate.
- I will postpone having an appointment with the doctor.
- They keep on learning about Greek history.
- I adore studying English.
- She suggests planning a trip to London.
Verbs + full infinitive
- John yearns to eat ice cream.
- She vowed to keep the secret.
- We opted to take this way.
- I hope to find the money you need,
- This person deserves to win an award.
Verb + object + full infinitive
- I begged him not to reveal the secret.
- The story inspired the poet to write a poem.
- She permitted you to go out.
- They motivate us to do our best.
- Mary urged them to go for a walk.
Verb + object + -ing form
- I caught him reading my messages.
- He found her hiding behind a tree.
Verb + object + -ing or bare infinitive
- We overheard them talking about a treasure.
- I saw him eat all the cake.
- I heard him command them to go to their offices.