Friday 1 December 2017

My favourite artist

 Hallo guys I am a former student of this brilliant school and a ECPE proficiency holder.Today I will talk to you about my all-time favourite artist who is a rapper called Lil Pump.What -in my opinion- differentiates Lil Pump from the other atrocious immitations of him is that while he is rapping about virtues that could make the world a better place he also has a rather catchy and uproaring beat .I ll justify my opinion with examples regarding the meaning of some of Lil Pump's rhymes.In his song ''Boss'' he says:''Yall came here with the sauce''.Now for those wondering what ''sauce'' means in modern literature it refers to the feeling of confidence which encourages an individual or individuals to do something they would not otherwise do if they did not have the ''sauce'' eg Ask a girl out.This verse encourages people to believe in themselves and not let golden opportunities pass them by,as he also means that too much ''sauce'' will lead you to the opposite results.The last verse I'd like to analyze is the:''Spread their racks on new chains''.Racks refers to currency(in our case dollars) which has been spread on new chains,chains being in pural exerts the teaching of not being stingy and of sharing our money if we have spare,that even an artist of Lil Pump's caliber does.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting point of view Manolis! Even though most critics regard him as a rather shallow artist without an important message behind his lyrics, you seem to believe he is misunderstood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point Kostas! I just loved Manolis’s analysis of such specific words in the lyrics, which makes me think in turn how critically minded you have all become. Well done indeed! Any other similar ideas or posts to Manolis’s?

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your valuable comment Kostas.I expect you to do something similar.I believe it is going to be rather...interesting!I believe he is misunderstood but since many people are chained by the stereotypes i dont blame them.By the way thanks for your positive words Mrs Christina

      Delete
    3. We are all chained up by stereotypes in a way, don’t you think? Breaking free of unreasonable constraints and expressing your actual thoughts should be a life goal! This is what certain artists do through their work, which is why they have such passionate fans. I look forward to more comments and blog posts!

      Delete